Health and safety
Safety is an integral part of DX and we recognise the benefits and commitment to ensuring safety remains at the forefront of all our business operations. The approach to Health and Safety will be based on the identification and control of occupational safety risks to eliminate and reduce hazards.
Senior management are fully committed to meeting all legal and other safety requirements to which we subscribe, to provide a safe and healthy working environment and to prevent injury and ill health.
The Company will provide all necessary resources and information to achieve our objectives and continually improve.
To ensure Health and Safety management is an integral part of the manager’s function and all colleagues have specific responsibilities to take reasonable care of themselves and others who could be affected by their activities and to co-operate with management in achieving the standards required.
To ensure appropriate resource is allocated to facilitate Health and Safety measures across all DX sites and to encourage a positive safety culture throughout the business.
To regularly monitor, review and improve all current practices and activities to ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety at all times.
To retain access to competent advice and assistance, to ensure that we are aware of relevant changes in legislation and relevant ‘Industry Best Practice’.
How will we achieve this?
- By ensuring procedures and processes are easy to understand
- By consulting with employees on issues relating to occupational health and safety
- By providing appropriate reporting and monitoring systems to encourage colleagues to identify and report hazards and incidents
- By regularly reviewing risk assessments and prioritising corrective and preventative actions
- By providing and maintaining premises and work equipment to an acceptable standard
- By supplying training to encourage colleagues to carry out their responsibilities and tasks safely and efficiently
- By ensuring contractors and visitors comply with their health and safety responsibilities and are informed of any health and safety risks which may affect them whilst working for or visiting DX
It is the duty of us all when at work to co-operate and take reasonable care of our own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what we do or fail to do and to ensure we do not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Name: Paul Ibbetson
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Date: April 2023